We provide Physical Therapy services
Your personal physical therapy begins with a comprehensive evaluation of functional limitations and areas of pain. Our team of expert physical therapists will design a treatment plan based on your work-related needs and goals. We take a team approach and will consult with your employer and case manager, if necessary. Throughout your treatment, we will work hard to help you return to all normal functional activities.
When you are ready for discharge, you will receive a personalized home exercise program to allow you to stay healthy on the job, further enhance your rehabilitation.
Our services included all types and sizes
We take a team approach and will consult with your employer and case manager, if necessary. Throughout your treatment, we will work hard to help you return to all normal functional activities. When you are ready for discharge, you will receive a personalized home exercise-program to allow you to stay healthy.
Our experienced team of physiotherapists will perform a comprehensive assessment, including postural and biomechanical assessments, to diagnose your problem.
“Physical therapy is not just about fixing what’s broken. It’s about preventing injuries, enhancing performance, and improving quality of life. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Take action today and see what physical therapy can do for you.”
- Physical therapy in Sunnyvale is used to help people affected by injury, illness, or disability through movement, exercise, manual therapy, education and advice.
- At Pro Active Physical Therapy, we like to work in partnership with our patients to help them recover and stay well.
- Physical Therapists at Pro Active Physical Therapy practice science based methods, which take on a “whole person” approach focusing strictly on health and well being of the patient. At PAPT we use advanced techniques along with evidence based care. The utilization of these skills allows our Physical Therapists to assess, diagnose, treat, and prevent a wide range of health conditions and movement disorders.
- All people can benefit through Physical Therapy at some point in their lives. It is widely known that PT’s treat injuries, increasingly people are now seeking physical therapy out to take back control of their health and wellness.
- PAPT promotes active treatment programs that emphasize exercise & functional activities & encourage client participation & independence.
- Our PTs combine “hands-on” manual therapy techniques, electro-therapeutic modalities, and exercise programs to treat various conditions including:
- Strains & sprains
- Everyday aches & pains
- Back Pain
- Pre & Post Surgical Rehabilitation
- Rotator cuff injury
- Tension Headaches
- Tennis/golfers elbow
- Shin splints
- Postural Dysfunction
- TMJ disorder
- Carpal tunnel Syndrome
- Pelvic Floor conditions like incontinence
- Vestibular conditions like vertigo
- Every visit is unique, just like our patients and their health condition. Depending on the patients condition is based on the scope of the practices used by our PTs. However, a typical PT session may include:
- A full assessment and diagnosis to the patients specific condition(s) and need(s).
- Working along with the patient to set and establish goals—whether it may be attaining mobility, independence, or specific “homework” to be practised outside of the clinic.
- Developing a treatment and/or prevention plan that will take into account lifestyle, activities, and general health.
- The prescription of physical aides and exercise if required.
In general, physical Therapy should not hurt. Although, the first initial sessions certain stretches and exercises may cause a slight discomfort. Every person has a different pain tolerance so experience may vary.
In the vast majority of cases Physical Therapy has been revered as extremely effective. Research suggests that Physical Therapy significantly improves the rehabilitation and recovery of most conditions, as well as being instrumental in the prevention of further injury. Physical Therapy often forms an integral part of a patient’s treatment plan and can be a means of relaxation and an indicator of individual process.
No you do not need a doctors referral. However based upon you condition we may suggest that you consult a doctor for their opinion or to get further tests done.
We recommend loose fitting clothing so it is more easy to expose the area that our physiotherapist will be evaluating and treating. Such as a tanktop for a shoulder injury, or a pair of shorts in the case of a knee problem.
Treatment sessions last normally 30 to 60 minutes per visit.
The number of visits can be highly variable depending on your condition. You may need one visit or you may need months of care. It ultimately depends on your diagnosis, the severity of your impairments, your past medical history, etc.
Depending on the condition, some patients will need to do a continuation of at home exercises. Some patients may choose to continue with a gym exercise program. Others will complete their rehabilitation and return to normal every day activities. It is highly important you speak to us at PAPT exactly what your goals are so we can help develop a custom program tailored for you. For more information regarding the treatment you can visit at at Pro-Active Physical Therapy, Inc. Arques Plaza, 1208 E. Arques Ave., Suite 115Sunnyvale, CA 94085 or contact (408)720-1700