The Department of Homeland Security has listed Physical Therapists as essential providers. We have a special responsibility to maintain our normal work schedule. Physical Therapists are essential in flattening the curve of the COVID-19 pandemic. They keep patients out of doctor’s offices and ERs which not only free up the medical teams to treat those impacted by COVID-19, but also limit the exposure of those seeking the care of the physical therapist. Do not delay getting care when you need it.
We are open are accepting new patients during this time. We hope that by providing this information, you can make a clear decision to continue your plan of care with us during this time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Are you open?
A: YES! We are open Monday-Friday from 7:30AM to 6:00PM. We are seeing patients on a one-on-one basis.
Q: What options do I have if I am unable to come to the clinic?
A: We offer telehealth video visits if you are unable to come into the clinic for any reason. We recommend you schedule a visit to begin or continue your consistency of plan of care with your therapist. A lapse in care can have detrimental effects on working toward your goals. Schedule your telehealth video visit by calling our front office at 408-720-1700.
Q: What are the benefits of a telehealth visit?
A: Discuss the current challenges and/or pain you’re experiencing, receive movement correction and at-home exercise modifications, continue your plan of treatment and work towards new goals, and develop healthy ergonomic practices for work-from-home spaces.
Q: What happens if I cancel an appointment at the last minute due to illness symptoms?
A: There will be no penalties for cancellations and missed appointments until further notice.
Q: How do you know if other patients have it? I don’t want to be exposed to the virus.
A: We are screening all patients according to guidance from the CDC and our local public health department. This includes:
– Taking everyone’s temperature before they enter for their appointment
– Screening on the phone and when people arrive that they are not exhibiting any symptoms related to coronavirus
– All patients are required to wear a face mask at all times
Q: What are you doing to make sure the clinic is safe at this time?
A: We always have patient safety in mind and disinfect all surfaces on a regular basis, regardless of the coronavirus outbreak. Here are a few extra things we are doing to ensure your health:
- Every therapist and staff member changes into clothes and wears designated shoes at the clinic, which are washed and disinfected at the end of each day.
- Every person entering the clinic will be required to wear a mask, and all staff and therapists wear masks.
- All equipment is being disinfecting using CDC approved disinfectants.
- We are following distancing guidelines to minimize exposure while maximizing therapeutic benefits.
- We have adjusted patient schedules to limit the number of people in the clinic to adhere to distancing guidelines
- We are taking all cleaning and hygiene precautions recommended by the CDC.
Q: If I have a cough can I come in for my appt?
A: If you are experiencing any sickness, please wait to schedule an appointment until you are symptom-free, without the use of symptom reducing medication, for 24 hours.
If you have fever or symptoms such as cough or shortness of breath and have either traveled internationally or had close contact with someone who’s suspected or confirmed to have coronavirus, please call your primary healthcare provider prior to attending an appointment.
Note: We suggest each of our patients request a 30-minute telehealth appointment by calling our front office.